trishartisty
Since I was a kid, English is such an interesting thing for me. I love learn English while some of my friends really hate it. Then, when I have to go to university, I decided to choose the English Department, as it is the only subject that I really falling in love with. English is also necessary as we have to face the globalization era. Here I am, at English Letter Department of UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta. Honestly, I expected to learn English at the more famous university, such as University of Indonesia, but unfortunately, I did not passed the entrance examination.
Well, I think this English Letter Department is not really bad. It offers a good enough curriculum and good quality lecturers. But I must say that the facilities are bad. There is no air conditioner at all, and it makes the student do not feel comfortable as the weather in Indonesia is very hot. There is only one language laboratory in the seventh floor, while there are so many students who want to use it. The library is also small and old. There are only a few books to be a reference book for the students. Sometimes, the lecturer canceled the lecture very easily, without notice that it is very important to the students. I do not know why, but it seems very easy to cancel it. The department chairman is also seems does not really care about the students.
For those reasons, I have so many expectations of my dearest English Letter Department.  I want the lecturers more care about the students, not only think about their own interests. It is obvious that we need good teaching materials in order to be better. This is also applies to the department chairman, to pay more attention to the students. He must make some programs that can make the ability of students improved, such as native speaker lecturer, information of scholarship, direct motivation, and many more. The facilities are also must be increased, so that the student can be more excited and pleased to learn in the campus.
I think my expectations of English Letter Department are not too high. It is still possible to be comes true. I am sure it would be great if English Letter Department make some good changes, both on the facilities and curriculum. Hope the chairman of my department is read this writing and does not mind to make some of those become reality.
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Your comments are necessary. Please submit one here...